Mary Alice Fellers, CFP®, is founder and Principal of White Oak Financial Planning, Inc. When you become a client, Mary Alice will work closely with you in an effort to provide the clarity and direction you need to make informed financial decisions – and realize a stronger financial future.
Like most people, you are busy with work, family, and life issues. You may not have the time or the desire to filter through the never-ending barrage of information which is often biased, inaccurate or out of date. “My job is to cut through the clutter so you can understand your situation and can actively participate in creating your financial future,” says Mary Alice. “My focus is on fostering empowerment, not dependence, so you will have the strength and resilience to respond to the challenges you’ll face throughout your life.”
Mary Alice has found that it is critical for all people to develop a good base of knowledge and confidence that fosters the ability to make the sound day-to-day financial decisions that will lead to the realization of life’s biggest goals. And because your needs will change over time, financial planning should be an ongoing process.
“While one client may benefit from a comprehensive plan that integrates numerous financial planning issues, another may need objective periodic reviews or an answer to a specific concern,” explains Mary Alice. “I’ve built my practice to accommodate the unique needs of various clients.”
Services are flexible, not set. You determine how much help and advice you need and want at any given time. For instance, you may want help developing a comprehensive plan as well as assistance implementing and monitoring the elements of that plan. Or you may be quite comfortable in taking the professional recommendations you receive and implementing on your own.
Background and qualifications
Here’s a little more about Mary Alice and her qualifications:
- Graduated from the University of Illinois in Champaign/Urbana with a B.S. degree in Accountancy and worked for over 15 years in managerial accounting.
- Her interest in personal financial planning led Mary Alice to transition into the financial services industry in 1999. She completed the Certified Financial Planner™ professional education program through the College for Financial Planning and passed the rigorous two-day CFP® certification examination on the first sitting. She was authorized to use the CFP® mark of distinction in January 2003. For a time, she held a Series 7 securities license with the NASD. Realizing there was a need to provide consumers with objective professional financial planning and advice that focused on the fiduciary role to the client rather than on product sales, she surrendered the license in 2004 to go into Fee-Only financial planning.
- Mary Alice is a proud member of The Garrett Planning Network, Inc., the nation’s leading organization of hourly, as-needed planners. As a member of the Garrett Planning Network, White Oak Financial Planning has access to the collective wisdom of hundreds of like-minded financial advisors and industry affiliates.
- As a member of the Financial Planning Association, Mary Alice is part of the largest organization of professionals dedicated to championing the financial planning process.
- She serves as a member of the Board of Trustees for the Crystal Lake Public Library and takes an active interest by volunteering her time and support to a variety of organizations and events within the community.
When you’re ready to get the clarity and direction you need for a stronger financial future, Mary Alice welcomes your call. After a brief Get Acquainted phone call or meeting to determine that her skills and personality are right for you, we’ll roll up our sleeves together and tackle your most pressing issues.
“Over time, we can develop a solid, sustainable plan that will see you into the future. I look forward to hearing from you!”
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.